The BBMRI-NL Catalogue is a database that can be searched for available health data, sample, and image collections. Information for each biobank, cohort, registry or databank includes contact details of the coordinator and the conditions for the request and use of the data and materials.
Catalogue will help researchers to:
- Get an overview of most Dutch bio- and data banks
- Find collections that share certain characteristics, like the presence of certain biomaterials, the involvement of one or more institutes / researchers, the focus on a specific (type of) disorder, etc.
- Assess the data in an aggregated form to get an overview of how many collections share the same characteristics.
- Identify data and samples for inclusion in their research, based on basic characteristics such as sex, age and type of disease.
- Gather large datasets and conduct individual-participant data meta-analyses.
Increase the visibility of your collection
Collections in Catalogue are easy to find for researchers all across Europe as the content of Catalogue is also made available through the BBMRI-ERIC biobank directory.
Collection coordinators can apply for inclusion of their collection in Catalogue.
- Enter details about your collection to the BBMRI-Catalogue form
- Send it to the Service Desk.
- The Service Desk will help you get the data listed in Catalogue.
If you want to publish your data in Catalogue automatically, please follow the instructions in the ‘data integration manual’.
The Request Portal Podium facilitates the process of requesting data and samples.
Please visit the catalogue website. A search in the BBMRI-NL Catalogue can be performed in two ways:
- Search on keyword in the search field (e.g. DNA or Longitudinal)
- Through the wizard that helps you build complex searches with multiple search conditions.
To identify the contact person of an organization, perform an advanced search:
Go to "Data item selection” and check “Organizational structure”, click on the name in the “Contact person” column.
For more information on BBMRI-NL’s Catalogue, contact:
- Service Desk
- David van Enckevort, Task leader for the Catalogue task in BBMRI-NL WP 5
- Morris Swertz, BBMRI-NL’s Work package leader for BBMRI-NL WP5
References and links
- MOLGENIS project
- The MOLGENIS toolkit: rapid prototyping of biosoftware at the push of a button DOI: 10.1186/1471-2105-11-S12-S12
- Beyond standardization: dynamic software infrastructures for systems biology DOI: 10.1038/nrg2048
- MOLGENIS catalogue DOI: 10.1186/2043-9113-5-S1-S8
- Towards Global Biobank Integration by Implementation of the Minimum Information About BIobank Data Sharing (MIABIS 2.0 Core) DOI: 10.1089/bio.2015.0070
- State-of-the-Art and Future Challenges in the Integration of Biobank Catalogues, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-16226-3
- BBMRI-ERIC Directory: 515 Biobanks with Over 60 Million Biological Samples doi: 10.1089/bio.2016.0088
It’s the catalog-of-catalogs for biological and clinical biosamples and data. It makes finding samples and data much easier, and if you find it’s already there you don’t have to start your own collection of samples or your data cohort.
Increase your visibility by adding your collections to the catalog. Our support team is ready for your collections, don’t wait too long!