Jupyter is an interactive web application for creating documents (notebooks) that contain formatted text, comparisons, visualisations and computer code that can be executed to create streaming applications and dashboards.
- Are expandable with a variety of plug-ins for data visualisation, high performance computing simulations, dashboards and automatic test scoring.
- Support various programming languages.
- are easy to share with others
- can be used as a user interface for big data frameworks, databases and computer clusters like Apache Spark.
- open source.
- accessible from any browser
Jupyter is an optional SURF service., Surf members can use Jupyter without additional costs.
Using Jupyter Notebook through SURF offers you these advantages:
- SURFsara automatically deploys a notebook environment for all registered users (researchers, students, and teachers).
- Jupyter Notebook is a multi-user environment that allows for easy data sharing. Institutes select who gets access.
- Researchers and teachers have access to the SURF technical helpdesk.
Tel.: +31 20 800 13 00