Molgenis helps to find, capture, exchange, manage and analyse and exploit the large amounts of data that is being produced by scientific organisations. It is a fully customizable and scalable software infrastructure that offers the possibility to plug-in your own (bioinformatics) scripts.
The MOLGENIS software package will help setting up an online database application, making your data query-able and allowing you to share your data with collaborators. Enabling to store, edit, analyse, and share your data.
Molgenis provides the following features:
- Structured data management
- FAIR data sharing
- Secure access
- Scripting & visualisation
- Harmonization & integration: Make your data interoperable with multiple FAIRification tools.
- Task automation
- Questionnaires: Use the questionnaire tool to ask for individuals input.
- Extreme customization: Change data structure, menus, logic and layout.
- App development platform: Add your own user interfaces to the app store.
- High performance computing
Molgenis evolved from research in molecular genetics and is now a broadly applicable data tool. It is used in scientific areas such as biobanking, rare disease research, patient registries by organisations worldwide.
The tools are used for research support, next-generation sequencing, multi-omics research, biobanking, genome diagnostics, infrastructure and publishing your data.
Examples of Molgenis applications are:
- FAIR data catalogues
- Interoperability service
- High performance computing (HPC) - for big data analysis pipelines
- Standardised and validated DNA & RNA pipelines
- Imputation service
- BioBank Connect
Molgenis is open source and free. The software can be accessed at www.molgenis.org.
For general advice or to discuss the best solution for you, please mail our helpdesk to contact our data stewards: firstname.lastname@example.org
Molgenis is open source and can be used free of charge. A tailored solution, a management Molgenis environment or data management support, can be provided as well, for a fee.
The Molgenis team developed extensive expertise on FAIR data management and big data analysis. The Molgenis team can be contacted for general data stewardship questions on bioinformatics methods & tools, and training courses.
In case you want us to host your Molgenis or provide data management support, please send a mail to: email@example.com
Esther van Enckevort - Technical Project Lead at UMCG
We analyse next-generation sequencing data for you